EFFECTIVE: 9 MAY 2022
This statement explains how we collect, handle, store and protect personal information when:
- We provide professional services to you or our clients;
- You use “this Website”; or
- Perform any other activities that form part of the operation of our business.
When we refer to “this Website” we are talking about websites associated with 1Kind this includes;
- Pages accessed using the www.1Kind.com URL.
- Pages or communications that link directly to this privacy statement.
When handling personal information, we will comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and other applicable legislation (such as Australian State and Territory health privacy legislation), as well as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth). Where applicable, we will also comply with data protection laws of other jurisdictions, such as the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode, and contact details. It may also include financial information, including your credit card information.
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Email address
- Your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web login information.
- Details of the services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those services and respond to your enquiries.
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through your use of our website or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information.
- Information you provide to us through customer surveys; or any other personal information that may be required to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- Register on our website.
- Communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites.
- Interact with our sites, services, content, and advertising.
- Invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To enable you to access and use our services.
- To operate, protect, improve and optimise our website and services, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing.
- To send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you.
- To send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting.
- To administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners.
- To comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties and to consider your employment application.
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information to enable it and allow us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
We and/or our carefully selected business partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail, or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link).
- Our employees and related bodies corporate.
- Third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our services to you).
- Professional advisers, dealers and agents.
- Payment systems operators (e.g. merchants receiving card payments).
- Our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners.
- Our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services.
- Anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred.
- Specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised, or permitted by law.
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to third party suppliers and cloud providers located in the United States of America, United Kingdom and Europe which are subject to German and European data protection regulations.
We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website. While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the information below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information, we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us using the details set out below. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.